Hoover Hoops Youth Basketball Association League Philosophy:
Hoover Youth Hoops is a parent led, 501c3 non-profit youth organization seeking to develop young players to love and enjoy the game of basketball.
Our mission is to provide the North Canton Hoover High School Basketball Program with fundamentally sound and game experienced players. It is our desire to prepare these young men to contribute to the High School Program immediately in the following areas: academics, athletics, and to lead character driven lives.
Our mission will be accomplished by seeking to fulfill the following goals:
– We will provide boys in 3rd – 6th grade the opportunity to participate in the Hoover Rec League.
– We will create an environment where the fundamentals are taught to each player, teamwork is emphasized ahead of wins and losses, good sportsmanship is modeled and expected, and practices are fun and memorable.
– We will seek to develop as many young men as possible to move from 6th grade into middle school and contribute to our middle school program and eventually our high school program.
– We will seek to develop in each player that success in the classroom translates to success in our basketball program.
– We will provide for our more advanced players the opportunity to try out and participate in a travel program. (At an additional cost.)