*** Tryouts are MANDATORY for all Travel Teams ***
The players that tryout for a travel team are NOT required to attend the REC league evaluations also. They will be evaluated for our in house REC league during travel team tryouts.
TRYOUTS: Sunday, October 4, 2020
Due to the pandemic, tryouts will be closed. No parents or spectators will be allowed in the gym.
- All players must enter Door 30 and will exit Door 31.
- All players must wear a mask until tryouts begin.
- Masks are not mandatory during tryouts.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early.
- We will NOT have players try on the uniforms this year due to the pandemic and required social distancing.
TRAVEL Tryout Times:
6th | 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
5th | 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm
4th | 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
3rd | 3:30 pm – 4:15 pm
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!
- Tryouts are required and teams will be selected with the goal of each team having eight (8) players.
- Attending TRAVEL tryouts does NOT guarantee a spot on a travel team.
- If your child plays TRAVEL it is mandatory that they also play in the REC League.
- It is a more intense league in which teams will play on Saturdays/Sundays at the Tallmadge REC Center (or the Babe Stearn Center League) against teams from other surrounding communities.
- These teams will also participate in weekend travel tournaments after the Tallmadge League is complete. Our goal is to attend up to 4 tournaments.
- Practice(s) will be weekday evenings with the games on the weekends. Some tournaments start their games potentially on a Wednesday or Thursday.
- Once our Hoover REC league is complete there will generally be two (2) practices a week.
Each player will receive:
- Uniform (top/bottoms)
- Shooting warm-up shirt with name and number on the back
- Travel League Entry Fee
- Up to 4 Tournaments
- Gym rental fees outside of NC Schools
Grades 3-6: $210 Travel Fee + $100 REC Fee = $310 Total per player
- 2nd child = $30 ($15 REC & $15 Travel discount)
- 3rd child = $50 ($25 REC & $25 Travel discount)
- If both children play REC/Travel = $30 total discount ($15 REC + $15 Travel discount on 2nd child)
- If 1st child plays REC and 2nd child plays REC/Travel = $15 discount on REC Only for 2nd child.
- If all 3 children play REC/Travel = $30 discount on 2nd child; $50 discount on 3rd child.
- If 1st child plays REC, 2nd child plays REC/Travel, 3rd child plays REC/Travel = $15 REC discount on 2nd child; $25 REC discount on 3rd child + $15 travel discount on 3rd child
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about discounts.
Click HERE to register today!
Please visit our FAQs page.
If you still have further questions, feel free to contact our President of Youth Basketball, Kevin Higgins.