*** Tryouts are MANDATORY for all Travel Teams ***
The players that tryout for a travel team are NOT required to attend the REC league evaluations also. They will be evaluated for our in house REC league during travel team tryouts.
TRYOUTS: Sunday, October 6
** Please note: We will have all kids try on the uniforms to get their size prior to tryouts. This DOES NOT guarantee a spot on a travel team.
Grades 3 – 6
3rd | Sizing: 11:40 – 12:00pm | Evals 12:00 – 1:15pm
4th | Sizing: 1:10 – 1:30pm | Evals 1:30 – 2:45pm
5th | Sizing: 2:40 – 3:00pm | Evals 3:00 – 4:15pm
6th |Sizing: 4:10 – 4:30pm | Evals 4:30 – 5:45pm
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!
- Tryouts are required and teams will be selected with the goal of each team having eight (8) players.
- Attending TRAVEL tryouts does NOT guarantee a spot on a travel team.
- If your child plays TRAVEL it is mandatory that they also play in the REC League.
- It is a more intense league in which teams will play on Saturdays/Sundays at the Tallmadge REC Center (or the Babe Stearn Center League) against teams from other surrounding communities.
- These teams will also participate in four (4) weekend travel tournaments after the Tallmadge League is complete.
- Practice(s) will be weekday evenings with the games on the weekends. Some tournaments start their games
potentially on a Wednesday or Thursday.
- Once our Hoover REC league is complete there will generally be two (2) practices a week.
Each player will receive:
- Uniform (top/bottoms)
- Shooting warm-up shirt with name and number on the back
- Tallmadge League Entry
- 4 Tournaments
- Gym rental fees outside of NC Schools
Grades 3-6: $210 per player (+ $100 for REC League)
- 2nd child = $15 discount
- 3rd child = $25 discount
Click HERE to register today!
Please visit our FAQs page.
If you still have further questions, feel free to contact our President of Youth Basketball, Kevin Higgins.